Use the macbook air superdrive with any mac
Shop by Category. Brand see all. Not Specified. Type see all.
- Apple quietly updates Macs to remove Zoom webcam exploit.
- photoshop cs6 mac serial number forum!
- Connect and use your SuperDrive.
- Check your disc.
- How to Watch DVDs on a MacBook | iGotOffer.
- multiple users on quickbooks mac.
External Drive. Internal Laptop Drive. Interface see all.
- google earth flight simulator mac laptop.
- top 5 youtube downloader mac.
- Make a SuperDrive Work on Unsupported Macs? It’s Possible!.
- ilivid free download for mac os.
- How to Use CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays on a Mac Without an Optical Drive.
- Hint Options;
- latest mac os for macbook 4.1?
- How to make the MacBook Air SuperDrive work with any Mac (El Capitan onwards) – luz' blog;
- How to Run a SuperDrive on a Targus Hub!
- Is Apple about to kill the SuperDrive on Macs?!
USB 3. USB 2. SATA I.
How to Watch DVDs on a MacBook
USB 1. Readable Format s see all. Blu-ray BD-R. Writable Format s see all. Guaranteed Delivery see all. No Preference.
Condition see all. Open box. Seller refurbished. Please provide a valid price range. Buying Format see all. All Listings.
OVERWHELMED BY TECH?
Best Offer. Buy It Now. Help Translate iFixit. Back Answers Index. View the answer I have this problem too Subscribed to new answers. Is this a good question?
Yes No. Voted Undo. Score 0. Note: for Mac OS X I knew that many third-party USB optical drives work fine, so I just assumed that would be the same for the Apple drive. But I had to learn otherwise. At this point, I started to search the net, finding hints, disassembling Mac OS X USB drivers and finally patching code in a hex editor which was the first, but ugly, solution to make the superdrive work, and gave me the information to eventually find the second, much nicer solution presented below.
For those interested in the nitfy details of disassembling and hex code patching, the first approach is still documented here. Using sudo and editing system files incorrectly can damage things severely! Apparently, Apple engineers had the need to test the superdrive with non-MacBookAir computers themselves, so the driver already has an option built-in to work on officially unsupported machines!
How to Run a SuperDrive on a Targus Hub | tinihoxefy.tk
All you need to do is enable that option, as follows:. For details on Yosemite and Trim Enabler, see here ] [Update: As CyborgSam pointed out in the comments, the file might not yet exist at all on some Macs. In that case, the pico editor window will initially be empty — if so, just copy and paste the entire XML block from above].
Save press Ctrl-X, answer yes to save by pressing Y, press enter to confirm the file name.
Use the MacBook Air SuperDrive with (almost) any Mac
Restart your machine. Just let me know your experience in the comments! Hi, and thanks for your assistance. I have no idea of what to do other than try to follow the instructions you gave above, so please bear with me and explain any step extremely simply.